HOM:

Giving you something to read on the toilet since 2009.

"The mistake lies in seeing debate and discussion as secondary to the recovery of meaning. Rather, we should see them as primary: art and literature do not exist to be understood or appreciated, but to be discussed and argued over, to function as a focus for social dialogue. The discourse of literary or art criticism is not to recover meaning, but to create and contest it. Our primal scene should not be the solitary figure in the dark of the cinema but the group of friends arguing afterwards in the pub."
-Don Fowler (1996) "Even Better Than The Real Thing"

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Top 100 - Casey

When I sat down to write this I never thought I would be able to come up with 100 movies. But I did and I really think you boys should take a good long look at this list and try to watch a few from “this girl’s list”. I ordered the top 25 but then after that just went with it! Enjoy!

1. Sleepless in Seattle

“I am NOT going to New York to meet some woman who could be a crazy, sick lunatic! Didn't you see Fatal Attraction?”

2. You’ve Got Mail

“I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly.”

3. Cool Runnings

Irwin Blitzer: “Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing. “

Man: “Yeah, so's a toilet!”

4. Bewitched

“Where is my dog? I will die if I do not have him back! Do you understand me? I WILL DIE IF I DO NOT HAVE HIM BACK!”

5. Sweet Home Alabama

Young Melanie: “What do you want to be married to me for, anyhow?”

Young Jake: “So I can kiss you anytime I want.”

6. Pretty Woman

“Goodbyes make me crazy…”

7. My Best Friend’s Wedding

“So, I realize this comes at a very inopportune time, but I really have this gigantic favor to ask of you. Choose me. Marry me. Let me make you happy.”

8. Knotting Hill

“You are lovelier this morning than you have ever been.”

9. The Notebook

“It was an improbable romance. He was a country boy. She was from the city. She had the world at her feet, while he didn't have two dimes to rub together.”

10. Enchanted

Giselle: “It is magical.”

11. Kate and Leopold

12. Little Women

13. Wild at Heart

14. Simon Birch

15. An American Tale

16. Father of the Bride

17. Water for Elephants

18. The First Wives Club

19. Runaway Bride

20. Erin Brockovich

21. Crazy Stupid Love

22. It’s a Wonderful Life

23. That Thing You Do

24. The Wedding Planner

25. Crash

26. 27 Dresses

27. Hitch

28. Lovely Bones

29. Double Jeopardy

30. Three Men and a Baby

31. Toy Story

32. Christmas with the Kranks

33. License to Wed

34. The Interpreter

35. 13 Going On 30

36. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

37. Oceans 11

38. Four Christmas’

39. Ratatouille

40. How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days

41. Lincoln Lawyer

42. Seven Pounds

43. Hitch

44. Now and Then

45. It Could Happen to You

46. Country Strong

47. Where the Heart Is

48. Monsters Inc.

49. Wedding Crashers

50. The Dark Knight

51. Home Alone

52. Wedding Crashers

53. The Women

54. Pretty Woman

55. Something’s Gotta Give

56. She’s All That

57. Stepmom

58. Hanging Up

59. The Holiday

60. Dirty Dancing

61. The Polar Express

62. Yours, Mine, and Ours

63. Walk the Line

64. Nights in Rodanthe

65. Made of Honor

66. The Lake House

67. Julie and Julia

68. Charlotte’s Web

69. Eagle Eye

70. Elf

71. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

72. Sound of Music

73. Social Network

74. Up

75. The Little Mermaid

76. Grease

77. The Secret Garden

78. Madagascar

79. James and the Giant Peach

80. 12 Angry Men

81. Ghost

82. Friday Night Lights

83. Babe

84. Of Mice and Men

85. The Bourne Ultimatum

86. The Silence of the Lambs

87. A Beautiful Mind

88. The Prestige

89. Shutter Island

90. Beaches

91. Serendipity

92. Armageddon

93. The Family Stone

94. Maid in Manhattan

95. Just Like Heaven

96. Raising Helen

97. The Great Gatsby

98. Mona Lisa Smile

99. Titanic

100. The Proposal

3 comments:

  1. "So she loves Meg Ryan" - Roedig

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt some quality movies on here, starting with #1. Should have made my top 100. Love the cool runnings addition.

    ReplyDelete